Learning about George Washington
and his Presidency
Want to introduce primary source analysis
while investigating President George Washington
and his Inaugural Address
This 1-page handout provides the original American Speech
transcript (excerpt) as well as the document image for students to analyze with guiding questions for a better understanding of American documents and, in this case, George Washington's Inaugural Address in 1789
. Includes a significance wrap-up question in which students utilize all of the information to explain the significance of the speech.
Answer Key is Provided!
All images and other primary sources collected from Library of Congress, National Archives or public domain.
Document image is not clear for text reading as all text is in reading block, but is provided for students to see actual document and to evaluate larger content such as dates and format.
See preview for actual product.
Great class or homework assignment!
• George Washington's Presidency SPRITE Social Studies Graphic Organizer American
• American Revolution Centers Investigation & Project Assignment Activity
• American Revolution SPRITE Google Drive Interactive Lesson
• American Revolution SPRITE Social Studies Content Organizer
• Declaration of Independence American Revolution Document Analysis Activity
• 1st Amendment to Constitution Document Analysis Activity
• 2nd Amendment to Constitution Document Analysis Activity
See other Primary Source Analysis Activities in my TpT Store!
You may really like my U.S. Primary Source Analysis Bundle and My SPRITE Series!
Please visit my TpT Store for other great Social Studies, ELA, and New Teacher Resources. You will find:
Walking Tours through History, Archeological Digs, Bio Card Activities, Game Card Sets, Scavenger Hunts, Centers & Stations Activities, Interactive Lectures, Analysis Assignments, Student Review Materials, Role-Card Activities, Human Board Game Sets, & so much more!