The use of podcasts and other web utilities will become more and more important in classrooms of the future. For some, this may be a welcome addition... others may be intimidated to add these elements of technology into their lesson plans.
My podcast packages provide a simple way for you to introduce yourself as well as your students to the world of podcasts while teaching some history as well!
Students listen to the podcast (mp3 file) while reading provided transcript of interview. Highlighted through the story are facts that have purposely been made incorrect. They are to use the graphic organizer to research online or in history books to find what the correct fact should be. Then play the answer podcast to let students see how they did. There is also a quick check quiz provided for those needing a grade for specific reading skills. (great for reading class and social studies)
Here is what you will get:
* podcast with an informative interview between reporter and Washington
* podcast with answers to wrong information.
* Transcript with errors highlighted
* Quick Check Quiz over interview
* Answer Key for Interview and Quick Check Quiz
* Graphic Organizer for researching facts
* Implementation and Enrichment Guides
Keywords: george, washington, social studies, history, podcast, research, graphic organizer, American History, Revolutionary War