George Washington | Famous Americans | President's Day | Research Project | Reading for Information | Taking Notes
George Washington was born on February 22, 1732. However, his birthday-- commonly known as President's Day-- is traditionally celebrated on a Monday to allow citizens to have a three-day weekend.
Who was George Washington? What were some of his accomplishments as President? Did he really chop down a cherry tree?
Help your students discover the answers to these questions and more by using this online research project to introduce several skill sets to the students.
These skills include:
~reading for information
~main / idea details
~using one or more sources for information
There are 24 pages in all. Both lined and unlined versions are included.
The students will use the website of your choice to answer the following questions:
1. Who was George Washington?
2. When was George Washington born?
3. Where was George Washington born?
4. What is the Washington Monument?
5. Who is on the American quarter and one dollar bill?
6. Who was George Washington's wife?
7. When were they married?
8. Where did they live after they got married?
9. When did George Washington become President?
10. What were some of his accomplishments as President?
11. What were some of the wars and battles in which George Washington fought?
12. Did George Washington ever get to live in the White House?
13. When did George Washington die?
14. How did he die?
15. Where is George Washington buried?
16. What are some monuments and memorials for George Washington?
17. What are some other interesting facts about George Washington?
18. When George Washington was a child, what did he do to a cherry tree? What did he say to his father?
19. Before becoming President, what other jobs did George Washington have?
Each question is on its own half page. When combined together, the students can make a little research book to keep.
Please look at the thumbnails to see the complete lined version of this file.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License. Copyright © 2015 Kelly Wilson, Kelly’s Classroom. All rights reserved. Due to the nature of digital files, no returns or refunds are available.