PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
2.58 MB | 18 pages
This unit is for only ONE habitat. I offer another unit that include the 5 Habitats of Georgia. Georgia Habitats BUNDLE
This ONLY INCLUDES the Coastal and Oceans Habitat.
All pages directly correlate with the Georgia Performance Standards for 3rd grade Science.
• Text feature page which includes a detailed paragraph about the habitat.
• Vocabulary page includes glossary or dictionary skills and comprehension.
• Performance task – Writing a postcard (include comas in addresses).
• Foldable for facts about the animals, plants and weather of the habitat.
• Assessment that includes multiple choice and short answer.
S3L1. Students will investigate the habitat of different organisms and the dependence of organisms on their habitat.
a. Differentiate between habitats of Georgia (mountains, marsh/swamp, coast, Piedmont, Atlantic Ocean) and the organisms that live there.
b. Identify features of green plants that allow them to live and thrive in different regions of Georgia.
c. Identify features of animals that allow them to live and thrive in different regions of Georgia.
d. Explain what will happen to an organism if the habitat is changed.
ESSENTIAL QUESTIONS answered in this unit:
• What is a habitat? What makes up a habitat?
• How are the regions of Georgia different?
• How do the characteristics of the habitat determine the organisms that live there?
• How do an organism’s characteristics allow it to live and thrive in a certain habitat?
• How do changes in a habitat affect the organisms living there?
• Why are the habitats important to us?
• Why is it important to protect the habitats of plants and animals?
Please follow me for updates!
Feedback is always appreciated!
Thank you for stopping by!
Mrs. Kim Patton
Mrs Patton TPT
Teachers Pay Teachers