This unit is for only ONE habitat. I offer another unit that include the 5 Habitats of Georgia. Georgia Habitats BUNDLE
This ONLY INCLUDES the Coastal and Oceans Habitat.
All pages directly correlate with the Georgia Performance Standards for 3rd grade Science.
• Text feature page which includes a detailed paragraph about the habitat.
• Vocabulary page includes glossary or dictionary skills and comprehension.
• Performance task – Writing a postcard (include comas in addresses).
• Foldable for facts about the animals, plants and weather of the habitat.
• Assessment that includes multiple choice and short answer.
To purchase the Science units individually:
Georgia Habitats Ultimate BUNDLE $5.75
Georgia Habitats – Swamps and Marshes $2.00
Georgia Habitats – Mountains $2.00
Georgia Habitats – Piedmont $2.00
Georgia Habitats – Coastal and Oceans $2.00
Physical Science Magnets $ 5.00
Physical Science Thermal Energy and Heat $5.50
Earth Science Soil, Weathering and Fossils $5.50
Earth Science Rocks and Minerals $5.50
Earth Science BUNDLE Rocks and Mineral AND Soil, Weathering and Fossils $8.50
The ULTIMATE SCIENCE BUNDLE with all of the above packets in one purchase $22.00
Do you live in Georgia? Please check out my Social Studies Units-
Jackie Robinson Unit
Jimmy Carter Unit
Martin Luther King Jr. Day $4.50
Dr. Martin Luther King Complete Unit $5.50
Franklin Delano Roosevelt Unit
S3L1. Students will investigate the habitat of different organisms and the dependence of organisms on their habitat.
a. Differentiate between habitats of Georgia (mountains, marsh/swamp, coast, Piedmont, Atlantic Ocean) and the organisms that live there.
b. Identify features of green plants that allow them to live and thrive in different regions of Georgia.
c. Identify features of animals that allow them to live and thrive in different regions of Georgia.
d. Explain what will happen to an organism if the habitat is changed.
ESSENTIAL QUESTIONS answered in this unit:
• What is a habitat? What makes up a habitat?
• How are the regions of Georgia different?
• How do the characteristics of the habitat determine the organisms that live there?
• How do an organism’s characteristics allow it to live and thrive in a certain habitat?
• How do changes in a habitat affect the organisms living there?
• Why are the habitats important to us?
• Why is it important to protect the habitats of plants and animals?
Please follow me for updates!
Feedback is always appreciated!
Thank you for stopping by!
Mrs. Kim Patton
Mrs Patton TPT
Teachers Pay Teachers