This zip file contains all the materials I created to aid in teaching the Trustee and Royal Periods in Georgia history. The download contains ten files; the preview allows you to view JPEGS of all the materials. The textbook used for this course is Georgia and the American Experience published by Clairmont Press. Each file is described below.
1. Royal Period Power Point: includes directions for a foldable for the students to use in note taking, all the notes, and a summarizing activity for the students.
2. Quiz on Exploration and Georgia founding: includes one map question, one chart question, and both multiple choice and short answer questions. An answer key is provided with suggested responses to the short answer questions.
3. PPT Slide of Map for the Quiz: the map for the quiz on a power point slide so it can be displayed on the screen for the students.
4. Royal Period Short Answer Questions: three short answer questions I wrote to coordinate with the Royal Period power point. They can be used to add to a test or quiz or as a summarizing activity for the students.
5. Excerpts from the Georgia Charter: four excerpts from the charter labeled A, B, C, and D. I used these as a warm up after completing a lesson on the charter. The students had to read the excerpts and identify the part of the charter each was referencing (e.g., no slaves, the borders for the colony, etc.).
6. Trustee Period Organizer: a chart for note taking on the Trustee Period. The students are given the date and must read the text for the historical event and the impact of that event. An answer key with suggested responses is included with the blank organizer.
7. Timeline directions: After completing the chart on the Trustee Period, I have the students create an illustrated timeline for a classwork grade or as the summarizing activity for the lesson. These are the directions I give the students.
8. Timeline pictures: I give each student or group a copy of these pictures to use for their timeline.
9. Timeline rubric: a rubric for grading the timelines.
10. Trustee Period Essay: I use this essay prompt as a test or quiz for the Trustee Period. The prompt includes both the question and tips for the students for organizing the essay. The document does NOT include a sample essay or a rubric.
Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you!
Georgia history, 8th grade history, content area writing, power point, foldable, Georgia, Trustee Period, Royal Period, essay