Georgia O'Keeffe Art History Workbook and Activities - Famous Artists Lessons
- Easel Activity
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This bundle of Elementary Art lessons includes the Elements and Principles of design poster set for your room as well as full lessons and activities for your classroom. Easy to teach and learn many of these lessons also tie-in with other subjects including Math, ELA and Science. Most suitable for grPrice $100.00Original Price $176.00Save $76.00
- This art history workbook introduces students to the artists Pablo Picasso, Roy Lichtenstein, Georgia O'Keeffe, Wassily Kandinsky and Keith Haring. Students learn about the artist through an artist bio, video resources, coloring sheets and art analysis. Then they complete a project in the style of tPrice $20.00Original Price $30.00Save $10.00
This packet includes a biography sheet, poster, teacher instructions, coloring sheets, video links, analysis and 2 projects in the style of Georgia O’Keeffe. The lesson takes students through an understanding of the artist and then has students color similar artwork using common characteristics of her work blending analogous colors. Students apply this knowledge afterwards to create their own art, first using reference in the worksheet as a guide, then choosing their own flower for reference.
- Georgia O’Keeffe Poster (8” x 10”)
- Artist Biography Sheet
- Teacher instruction sheet
- More resources sheet with links to a videos
- 5 coloring sheets of O’Keeffe style flowers
- Draw flower from photo and color
- From the Lake Artwork Sheet
- From the Lake Analysis Worksheet
- 2 Project Process Sheets
- O’Keeffe Extension Worksheets (Landscapes)
Example of abstracted watercolor flower project
- Example of extension project
- Analysis Key
Ways to use in the classroom:
As an introduction to a famous artist and their work.
Worksheets culminate with student creating their own pointillism artwork.
To support other drawing skills such as:
contour lines, shading in color and color theory
As early finisher work or as a quick art substitute lesson.
TpT EASEL: Use TpT Easel to easily print or digitally assign individual pages to students.
Note: There are options on how to give students color reference other than to print these sheets in color. You can project the example using a document camera or have students look up artwork on a chromebook or smartphone, for example.
©2019 A Space to Create Art, LLC
I appreciate any feedback on my resources and am always looking for ways to make them more useful! Click on feedback to receive free TpT credits, which can be used to purchase products on TpT.
Learn more about TpT Credits here:
Follow me at A Space to Create
Save money by purchasing the bundle here:
More individual artist packets here:
Classroom Art Lessons, Substitute Art Lessons, Art for Early Finishers, Interactive Coloring Sheets, Homeschool Art Lessons, Art History based lessons, Art Movements, Art History lessons, Pop Art, Roy Lichtenstein, No Prep Art History Lessons.
©2017 A Space to Create
Not intended for resale or sharing online without permission.