Each resource inside this bundle was handpicked to cover all aspects of S7L3 of the Georgia Performance Standards Seventh Grade Science Curriculum. The resources found inside will ensure your students fulfill each requirement of the standard and keep them interested and engaged throughout. A description of how this standard is covered is broken down below. This bundle will save you time and money, the two things every teacher needs more of. There are 9 classroom-tested resources included, which individually would cost over $80. You'll save 41% by purchasing them through this bundle, not to mention hours of prep time.
What you get
• Make sure your students are on track
• Each lesson comes with a teacher and student version to keep them focused
• Lessons come with videos embedded right into your slides
• Includes 5E lessons
• Lab Stations
• Digital Scavenger Hunts
• Scientific readings on engaging subjects
• Heredity and Genetics (3a, 3b)
• Sexual and Asexual Reproduction (3b)
• Selective Breeding (3c)
This Package Includes:
• Gregor Mendel Famous Scientist Reading (3a)
• Genetics and Gene Therapy Grade 8 and up Reading (3a, 3b, 3c)
• Genetic Material: DNA and RNA Scavenger Hunt (3a)
• Genetic Material: DNA and RNA Lab Station (3a)
• Genetic Material: DNA and RNA Lesson (3a)
• DNA, Genes, Chromosomes, and Alleles 5E Lesson Bundle (3a)
• Plant Sexual and Asexual Reproduction 5E Lesson Bundle (3b)
• Introduction to Evolution 5E Lesson Bundle (3a, 3b, 3c)
• Evolutionary Mechanisms Lesson (3c)
S7L3: Obtain, evaluate, and communicate information to explain how organisms reproduce either sexually or asexually and transfer genetic information to determine the traits of their offspring.
a. Construct an explanation supported with scientific evidence of the role of genes and chromosomes in the process of inheriting a specific trait.
b. Develop and use a model to describe how asexual reproduction can result in offspring with identical genetic information while sexual reproduction results in genetic variation.
Models could include, but are not limited to, the use of monohybrid Punnett squares to demonstrate the heritability of genes and the resulting genetic variation, identification of heterozygous and homozygous, and comparison of genotype vs. phenotype.)
c. Ask questions to gather and synthesize information about the ways humans influence the inheritance of desired traits in organisms through selective breeding.
The element specifically addresses artificial selection and the ways in which it is fundamentally different from natural selection.)
This resource is included at a significant discount inside my Georgia Performance Standards - 7th Grade Science - Complete Resource Package. The bundle includes resources covering all 5 of the Georgia Seventh Grade Science Performance Standards. CLICK HERE to have a look
Included in the Complete Resource Package are the following standards
• S7L1 - Biodiversity and Classification
• S7L2 - Cells and Body Systems
• S7L3 - Genetics and Reproduction
• S7L4 - Ecology
• S7L5 - Evolution
No prep, no formatting, no issues. Simply download, print (or upload to your class site) and you're all set. Each resource is fully editable and classroom tested.