Each resource inside this bundle was handpicked to cover all aspects of S8P4 of the Georgia Performance Standards Eighth Grade Science Curriculum. The resources found inside will ensure your students fulfill each requirement of the standard and keep them interested and engaged throughout. A description of how this standard is covered is broken down below. This bundle will save you time and money, the two things every teacher needs more of. There are 36 classroom-tested resources included, which individually would cost over $180. You'll save 50% by purchasing them through this bundle, not to mention hours of prep time.
What you get
• Make sure your students are on track
• Each lesson comes with a teacher and student version to keep them focused
• Lessons come with videos embedded right into your slides
• Includes 5E lessons
• Lab Stations
• Digital Scavenger Hunts
• Scientific readings on engaging subjects
• Digital Interactive Notebooks
• Speed Quizzing
• Review Questions
• Task Cards
• Unit Tests
• Electromagnetic and Mechanical Waves (4)
• Electromagnetic Spectrum (4b, 4c)
• Properties and Behavior of Waves (4d, 4e, 4f)
• Lenses (4g)
This Package Includes:
• Diffraction and Interference of Waves Lesson (4a, 4d, 4e, 4f)
• Diffraction Gratings Lesson (4d)
• Earthquakes Grade 8 and Up Reading Parts 1 and 2 (4a, 4f)
• Lasers, Absorption, and Transmission Lesson (4a, 4c, 4d, 4e)
• Lenses and Ray Diagrams Lesson (4g)
• Lenses and Focal Point Lesson (4g)
• Light and its Production 5E Lesson Bundle (4)
• Light Lesson (4)
• Magnets and Electromagnets Reading (4a, 4b, 4c)
• Optics Unit Review Questions (4)
• Pinhole Camera Activity (4c)
• Ray Diagrams, Reflection, and Plane Mirrors Lesson (4d)
• Reflection in Curved Mirrors Lesson (4d)
• Refraction Lab Station Activity (4d, 4e)
• Refraction Lesson Parts 1 and 2 (4d, 4e)
• Refraction Scavenger Hunt (4d, 4e)
• Snell’s Law Lesson (4d, 4e)
• Sound, Sound Energy, and Speed Lab Station Activity (4a, 4d, 4e)
• Sound, Sound Energy, and Speed Lesson (4a, 4d, 4e)
• Standing Waves Lesson (4a)
• The Doppler Effect and Supersonic Travel Lesson (4a, 4d, 4e, 4f)
• The Doppler Effect Lab Station Activity (4a, 4d, 4e, 4f)
• The Polarization of Light Lesson (4d, 4e)
• The Wave Nature of Light Lesson (4a, 4d, 4e, 4f)
• Thin Lens Equation and Magnification Lesson (4g)
• Transmission, Reflection, and Interference Lesson (4d)
• Wave Properties Investigation Activity (4a, 4d)
• Waves – An Introduction Lesson (4a)
• Waves Quizzes and Tests (4)
• Waves and Sound Speed Quizzing (4)
S8P4. Obtain, evaluate, and communicate information to support the claim that electromagnetic (light) waves behave differently than mechanical (sound) waves.
a. Ask questions to develop explanations about the similarities and differences between electromagnetic and mechanical waves.
(Clarification statement: Include transverse and longitudinal waves and wave parts such as crest, trough, compressions, and rarefactions.)
b. Construct an explanation using data to illustrate the relationship between the electromagnetic spectrum and energy.
c. Design a device to illustrate practical applications of the electromagnetic spectrum (e.g., communication, medical, military).
d. Develop and use a model to compare and contrast how light and sound waves are reflected, refracted, absorbed, diffracted or transmitted through various materials.
(Clarification statement: Include echo and how color is seen but do not cover interference and scattering.)
e. Analyze and interpret data to predict patterns in the relationship between density of media and wave behavior (i.e., speed).
f. Develop and use a model (e.g., simulations, graphs, illustrations) to predict and describe the relationships between wave properties (e.g., frequency, amplitude, and wavelength) and energy.
g. Develop and use models to demonstrate the effects that lenses have on light (i.e., formation of an image) and their possible technological applications.
This resource is included at a significant discount inside my Georgia Performance Standards - 8th Grade Science - Complete Resource Package. The bundle includes resources covering all 5 of the Georgia Seventh Grade Science Performance Standards. CLICK HERE to have a look
Included in the Complete Resource Package are the following standards
• S8P1 - Matter and Chemical Reactions
• S8P2 - Energy Conservation and Transformation
• S8P3 - Force and Motion
• S8P4 - Waves
• S8P5 - Forces
No prep, no formatting, no issues. Simply download, print (or upload to your class site) and you're all set. Each resource is fully editable and classroom tested.