SS2G1 The student will locate major topographical features of Georgia and will describe how these features define Georgia’s surface.
a. Locate all the geographic regions of Georgia: Blue Ridge Mountains, Piedmont, Coastal Plain, Valley and Ridge, and Appalachian Plateau.
b. Locate the major rivers: Ocmulgee, Oconee, Altamaha, Savannah, St. Mary’s, Chattahoochee, and Flint.
• Learning Targets
• Online Resources Page
• Georgia Regions and Graphic Organizers Direction Sheet
• Georgia Regions Map Activity
• Detailed Graphic Organizer for each region (5 pages)
• Direction Sheet: Gallery Walk Activity
• Region Cards
• Region Clue Cards
• Informational Reading Passages for all five regions
• Georgia Rivers Informational Reading
• Brochure Project Directions
• Brochure Project Rubric
• Group Roles and Responsibilities Checklist
• Daily Reflection Sheets
• Salt Water Dough Relief Map Directions