This notebook includes fun interactive activities about map skills surrounding Georgia's regions and rivers. It allows your students to stay organized while focusing on the key concepts aligned to the second grade Georgia Performance Science Standards.
The notebook is made of nine student pages with additional interactive template pages to complete the activities. It also includes a summative performance task where student can display the skills learned. Lastly, you get nine completed teacher guide pages to help you!
*Idea: I love to have a manila folder for each student for these awesome interactive notebooks. I run off the student title page on bright paper and have the students glue it to the front of the manila folder. The other pages are then stapled inside. I have the students use the back of the manila folder as a glossary for unit vocabulary terms and the front of the manila folder for key facts and notes! When it comes time to study for the end of unit test the students have a complete review packet!
The Georgia Regions and Rivers Notebook Includes:
1. Student Title Page
2. Our World (Using a map key/map skills)
3. Georgia's Land (Students create map of regions.)
4. Northern Regions (Students complete a graphic organizer and picture description.)
5. Piedmont Region (Students complete a graphic organizer and picture description.)
6. Coastal Region (Students complete a graphic organizer and picture description.)
7. Georgia Rivers (Students create map of rivers.)
8. Let's Compare Rivers (Students complete a chart comparing all seven Georgia rivers.)
9. Show What You Know (Students work in groups to create a poster advertising one region or river.)
10. Student template pages to complete the pages listed above.
11. Nine teacher guide pages that includes the answers and possible responses.