Each resource inside this bundle was handpicked to cover all aspects of S8P2 of the Georgia Performance Standards Eighth Grade Science Curriculum. The resources found inside will ensure your students fulfill each requirement of the standard and keep them interested and engaged throughout. A description of how this standard is covered is broken down below. This bundle will save you time and money, the two things every teacher needs more of. There are 29 classroom-tested resources included, which individually would cost over $150. You'll save 50% by purchasing them through this bundle, not to mention hours of prep time.
What you get
• Make sure your students are on track
• Each lesson comes with a teacher and student version to keep them focused
• Lessons come with videos embedded right into your slides
• Includes 5E lessons
• Lab Stations
• Digital Scavenger Hunts
• Scientific readings on engaging subjects
• Digital Interactive Notebooks
• Speed Quizzing
• Task Cards
• Unit Tests
• Kinetic and Potential Energy (2a, 2b)
• Energy Transformation (2b, 2c)
• Energy Transfer (2d)
This Package Includes:
• Conservation of Energy Lesson (2)
• Conservation of Energy Problem-Based Learning Activity (2)
• Current Electricity and Circuits 5E Lesson Bundle (2c)
• Elastic Potential Energy and Simple Harmonic Motion 5E Lesson Bundle (2b)
• Electric Circuits Simulator Lab (2c)
• Electric Forces and Coulomb’s Law Lesson (2c)
• Electric Home Problem-Based Learning Activity (2c)
• Electric House Grade 8 and Up Reading (2c)
• Electrical Safety Lesson (2c)
• Electricity Digital Interactive Notebook (2c)
• Electricity Speed Quizzing (2c)
• Electricity Task Cards (2c)
• Electricity Assignments (2c)
o Electricity Production Model and Presentation Project
o Electricity Production Task
o Mystery Circuit
• Electricity Production 5E Lesson Bundle (2c)
• Electricity Tests and Quizzes (2c)
• Electrostatic Charge Lesson (2c)
• Energy, Energy Transfer, and its Forms 5E Lesson Bundle (2)
• Fossil Fuels Grade 8 and Up Reading (2c)
• Hydroelectric Power Grade 5-7 Reading (2c)
• Kinetic and Gravitational Potential Energy 5E Lesson Bundle (2a, 2b)
• Radioactivity Grade 8 and Up Reading (2d)
• Work and Energy 5E Lesson Bundle (2b)
• Work, Energy, & Power Task Cards (2b)
S8P2. Obtain, evaluate, and communicate information about the law of conservation of energy to develop arguments that energy can transform from one form to another within a system.
a. Analyze and interpret data to create graphical displays that illustrate the relationships of kinetic energy to mass and speed, and potential energy to mass and height of an object.
b. Plan and carry out an investigation to explain the transformation between kinetic and potential energy within a system (e.g., roller coasters, pendulums, rubber bands, etc.).
c. Construct an argument to support a claim about the type of energy transformations within a system [e.g., lighting a match (light to heat), turning on a light (electrical to light)].
d. Plan and carry out investigations on the effects of heat transfer on molecular motion as it relates to the collision of atoms (conduction), through space (radiation), or in currents in a liquid or gas (convection).
This resource is included at a significant discount inside my Georgia Performance Standards - 8th Grade Science - Complete Resource Package. The bundle includes resources covering all 5 of the Georgia Seventh Grade Science Performance Standards. CLICK HERE to have a look
Included in the Complete Resource Package are the following standards
• S8P1 - Matter and Chemical Reactions
• S8P2 - Energy Conservation and Transformation
• S8P3 - Force and Motion
• S8P4 - Waves
• S8P5 - Forces
No prep, no formatting, no issues. Simply download, print (or upload to your class site) and you're all set. Each resource is fully editable and classroom tested.