I designed these materials for my Exploratory German classes and I have used them successfully for several years in both Distance Learning and traditional classroom settings.
Even though these materials were created specifically for my non-credit bearing courses, I think that many of the handouts and activities can be easily adapted to German I classes as they support vocabulary development, oral, and written practice.
The unit themes include:
1. Greetings and Introductions
2. The German Alphabet and Pronunciation
3. German Numbers 1-100
4. German Numbers greater than 100
5. Telling Time (including the 24-hour clock)
6. Days and Months
7. Seasons and Weather
8. Clothes and Colors
9. Basic Body Parts
10. Friends and Family
11. European Geography
12. A list of high-frequency words organized into multiple lists
13. A Daily Learning Plan for a numbers lesson
14. A blank two-sided note-taking handout that supports AVID schools and programs
Specifically, you get thematic vocabulary handouts, practice handouts, several quizzes, answer keys, word searches, and a crossword puzzle.
These materials will be a great addition to your current resources and are easily adaptable for use as bell ringers, for homework, or for inclusion in your substitute plans.