This unit is good for short Exploratory or Survey classes and consists of 9 minilessons (or six 45 minute regular class lessons), a midway exit sheet for comprehension and evaluation, and a comprehension questionnaire to sum up the unit and for students to show what they know. It may also be used as a review unit in a lower level German class.
Short lessons include...
2. Giving/Asking one's name
3. Stating/Asking how one is doing
4. Recognizing the main German-speaking countries
5. Stating/Asking where one is from
6. Counting to 20 in German
7. Giving/Asking one's age
8. Stating/Asking one's birthday (month only)
9. German months of the year.
You may easily "stretch" this unit out by adding more activities for number practice, adding colors, and/or adding dates/ordinal numbers to state birthdays more precisely - see my free ordinal numbers handout in my TpT store!
Detailed lesson plans are now included (August 2014). Store Location: Frau Spradl