Looking for a natural and fun approach to learning languages, growing vocabulary, teaching grammar and getting your learners to use the new language?
Reading short illustrated stories with your (little) learners will help you do exactly that, especially when it's combined with activities that let your learners use the target language from day one in a variety of situations.
The Story Bundle is targeted at German or English language learners at beginner's level, no previous knowledge required.
Read the stories in the target language from start to finish (ca. 4-5 minutes) and use the illustrations for listening and reading comprehension.
Ask questions about the story, use the activities to reinforce and revise vocabulary.
Use the story as an early reader to practise reading in German or English.
Contents of Book 1 'Hatschi - Achoo': introduce yourself and ask for someone's name, personal pronouns and possessive articles.
Contents of Book 2 Spaghettikuchen - Spaghetti Cake: birthday, family members, numbers and food.
Contents of Book 3 'Wie ein Chamäleon - Like a Chameleon': animals, personal pronouns, (modal) verbs, possessive pronouns, negation.
This is yours when you download this product:
- 3 bilingual stories in German & English
- bilingual word list for each story
- an activity/game guide for each story with learning objectives, vocabulary list and required materials in German & English to practise vocabulary and oral communication
- black and white illustrations from each book to use for a variety of (card) games
- a recording of each story in German to aid with pronunciation
Illustrations ©AnnMarie McCarthy.
Happy language learning & story time!