Proper handwashing is always important, but now more than ever in this coronavirus pandemic. These lesson plans will help you teach what germs are and how to stay safe. Activities include filling out a KWL worksheet, cutting/gluing a sequencing worksheet, making a coloring booklet, creating a microbe craft, watching science videos, reading articles, playing games, accessing a human microbiome Minecraft map, and much more!
- Lesson plans (1+ days)
- Links to online: articles, science videos/quizzes, video games, a printable card game, interview with an expert
- Virus KWL worksheet
- Color/fold handwashing booklet (ideal for pre-readers & ELLs)
- Handwashing poster (good for ELLs)
- Cut/glue handwashing sequencing worksheet
- Microbe I Spy worksheet (great for pre-readers & ELLs)
- Virus poster worksheet
- Reading comprehension worksheet for use with an online article
- Instructions for a craft
- Link to a downloadable handwashing quiz
- Link to BOOM cards
Need something added? Let me know in the Q&A! Ratings and reviews are also appreciated.
(Last updated 4/6/20)
Please note that resource needs to be downloaded/printed or used digitally after purchase; no physical products are mailed out.