This resource contains 40 task cards for identifying gerunds and gerund phrases and their functions. Each card has one sentence on it. Students will identify the gerund or gerund phrase(s) in the sentence. The functions of gerunds and gerund phrases are listed as multiple choice answers. Students will mark this answer as well. Answer keys are provided for all task cards.
In addition to the printable task cards, ten super fun review game ideas to play with the task cards are included. These games are complete with instructions and handouts!
Task cards can be used for a variety of purposes in the classroom, including using them in literacy centers, as early finisher work, or as a bell ringer. They are also perfect for playing review games!
Each of the following Task Card Games are included in this resource.
Each game is explained in its individual folder in the zip file. All handouts needed are also included in the individual game folders.
• Game # 1 The Joker: For this game you will need playing cards and the task cards in this packet. Instructions and score cards can be found in The Joker Game packet.
• Game #2 Put it Together: For this game, you will need an easy puzzle for each group of students. (You can buy these at the Dollar Tree. Make sure the puzzles are 25 pieces or less.) Instructions and handouts are included in the game folder.
• Game # 3 Scoot: For this game, you will only need the task cards and the answer sheet included in the Scoot game packet. Follow the directions on the “How to Play” handout.
• Game #4 Pop! For this game, you will need task cards and the additional printable POP cards, which are included in the Pop Game packet.
• Game # 5 Don’t Get Bean Boozled! For this game you will need a box of the Bean Boozled candy and the task cards. This candy is really a game in itself.
• Game #6 Connect Four: For this game, you will need dice, markers, the task cards and the Connect Four playing sheet included in the Connect Four Game Packet.
• Game # 7 Skunk: For this game, you will need the task cards and dice. The directions can be found in the Skunk game packet.
• Game #8 Tic-Tac-Toe – This game only requires the task cards. You can print the tic-tac-toe grids from the Tic-Tac-Toe Game Packet.
• Game # 9 Pass the Chicken or Potato or Whatever Item you Wish: For this game, you will need a rubber chicken, a stuffed animal, a potato, or any other item you wish to use. Instructions for play can be found in the game packet.
• Game # 10 Attack the Castle: This game requires the task cards. You can use the printable castles included in the game packet.
Use the task cards with these games or any way you'd like! Also, the review games can be used with any other task cards that you have and for other types of review as well!
Click here to see our other task cards! This can be also be found in our Grammar Task Cards and Games MEGA Bundle!