Our packet includes hands on, entertaining activities that are based on Common Core Curriculum so that your child or student will be prepared for Kindergarten!
Our Activities include:
- Concepts of Print that provide an understanding of the title, author, title page, front of the book, back of the book, what page to read first, which direction to read etc.
- Reading Comprehension by drawing pictures to retell the story, characters in the story and order of what happened in the story.
- Slinky Words to help children begin understanding how to segment words if they are unable to identify letters. This is a fun activity that encourages children to segment words they come up with on their own!
- Word Segmentation with pictures and letters.
- Word Segmentation with pictures, letters and visuals that go with the letter sound based on the alphabet flash cards that come with the unit.
- Alphabet Flash Cards that include ASL and visuals that correspond to word segmentation activities.
- Numeration Memory Game with Base Ten blocks and Numerals.
- Rhyming Word Cards
- Rhyming Word Memory Game
- 8 Sight Word Bingo Cards
- Letter Sound Worksheets for all letters of the alphabet including short and long vowels
- Pattern Cards based on the book, “If You Give A Mouse A Cookie”
- Counting Up! Activity for children to practice counting by 1’s to 100 while identifying the numerals. This activity also encourages counting by 10’s to 100.
- Shape Bingo that includes 2 Dimensional Shapes and some 3 Dimensional Shapes
- Writing Numerals Practice Pages
- Sorting Objects Activity by color, size and shape