Need a jump start to using writing journals in class? In this download you will be able to access 9 weeks of Writing Journal Prompts that progressively get a bit harder.
Do you like the idea, but want are learning different letters and/or sounds that what is provided? In this download, you will also have access to an editable version where you can change the letters, sounds, sight words and add your own images for This or That Thursday.
Weekly Prompt Set Up:
- Make It (Monday): Drawing a picture and labeling.
- Trace It (Tuesday): Rainbow Writing letters and sight words which start week 7.
- Write It (Wednesday): Write words or draw pictures of things that begin with certain sounds - In Week 6, students are asked to put at least one word into a sentence.
- This or That? (Thursday): Students choose their favorite between two choices--for example, cats or dogs--and illustrate/write their answer.
- Free Write (Friday): Students get to write about anything they want!
Need writing journal covers? In this download, you will also get my Get Ready, Set, Write! : Writing Journal Covers!
If you enjoyed this product, please visit my store for other items and activities.