This book unit is the perfect tool to help guide students while reading Get Ready for Second Grade, Amber Brown by Paula Danziger! It's divided into two parts: a no-prep novel study to support comprehension as students read the book and post-reading graphic organizers and writing activities.
Inside You Will Find:
- Packet Cover
- Pre-Reading Questions
- Comprehension Questions for Each Section (4 Sections Total)
- Answer Keys for Each Comprehension Question
- Vocabulary Work for Each Section
- A Writing and Illustration Prompt for Each Section
- Amber's Good News and Bad News
- Character Traits for Amber Brown
- Sequence of Events that Led to Amber's Change in Opinion
- First Day Feelings and Reasons for Various Characters
- Story Opinions: Likes and Dislikes
- Amber's First Day Snapshots
- My First Day Snapshots
- Compare and Contrast My First Day with Amber's First Day
- Bright Light Writing Topics: 6 Total
- Word Search and Answer Key
- Second Grade Acrostic Poem
Look below for more engaging novel studies and book units!
The Gingerbread Man Loose in the School
Ready Freddy Second Grade Rules!
Peanut Butter's First Day of School
Tony Baloney School Rules
Second Grade, Here I Come!
Don't forget to follow me, and be the first to know about new products, sales and freebies!