Also included in
- Out with traditional ice breakers, and in with a NEW activity to get to know, build rapport with your students, and recap school breaks while targeting language skills at the same time! This BUNDLE of 3 simple and versatile games for older students can be printed or used digitally in Google Slides$6.00$6.75Save $0.75
Out with traditional ice breakers, and in with a NEW activity to get to know and build rapport with your students, while targeting language skills at the same time! This simple and versatile game for older students can be printed or used digitally in Google Slides or Easel.
The game allows you to target tons of language and pragmatic goals within a functional activity, including:
✅ Asking and answering questions using appropriate syntax
✅ Engaging in back-and-forth conversation
✅ Asking follow-up questions
✅ Maintaining topic of conversation
✅ Providing sufficient details
✅ Organizing and telling narratives
✅ Making inferences
This activity incorporates several elements that are perfect for older students, including giving choices, personalizing the activity, and the use of strategy.
Use this one game across your older student caseload. It's structured to keep students on task, while still encouraging and guiding them to converse with one another.
How To Play:
Players take turns asking each other questions (or sharing something) about the topics within the circles. The goal is to make a "path" across the page/slide by starting on a circle at one end, and marking circles all the way to the opposite end of the game board. Moves may go to any circle that’s connected by a straight or diagonal line to the current circle.
This game is great to play...
- with pairs of students
- in a small group
- with an SLP/teacher and an individual student
- on the first day of school or speech therapy
- as an ice breaker when a new student joins a group
- as homework for carryover
- A PRINTABLE PDF that can be used with markers, crayons, colored pencils, bingo daubers, tokens, etc. to mark spaces.
- A DIGITAL VERSION FOR GOOGLE SLIDES™ that includes movable "chips".... perfect for teletherapy or a smart board!
- An EASEL Activity