Get To Know You Activity Ice Breaker Speech Therapy Connect with Others SUMMER
- Google Apps™
- Easel Activity
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Out with traditional ice breakers, and in with a NEW activity to get to know, build rapport with your students, and recap school breaks while targeting language skills at the same time! This BUNDLE of 3 simple and versatile games for older students can be printed or used digitally in Google SlidesPrice $6.00Original Price $7.50Save $1.50
This activity is your new go-to way to recap summer break with your students, while still targeting language skills at the same time! This simple and versatile game for older students can be printed or used digitally in Google Slides or Easel.
The game allows you to target tons of language and pragmatic goals within a functional activity, including:
✅ Asking and answering questions using appropriate syntax
✅ Engaging in back-and-forth conversation
✅ Asking follow-up questions
✅ Maintaining topic of conversation
✅ Providing sufficient details
✅ Organizing and telling narratives
✅ Making inferences
This activity incorporates several elements that are perfect for older students, including giving choices, personalizing the activity, and the use of strategy.
Use this one game across your older student caseload. It's structured to keep students on task, while still encouraging and guiding them to converse with one another.
How To Play:
Players take turns asking each other questions or sharing something about the summer break topics within the circles. The goal is to make a "path" across the page/slide by starting on a circle at one end, and marking circles all the way to the opposite end of the game board. Moves may go to any circle that’s connected by a straight or diagonal line to the current circle.
This game is great to play...
- with pairs of students
- in a small group
- with an SLP/teacher and an individual student
- on the first day of school or speech therapy
- as homework for carryover
This resource includes the following formats/versions:
- A PRINTABLE PDF that can be used with markers, crayons, colored pencils, bingo daubers, tokens, etc. to mark spaces.
- A DIGITAL VERSION FOR GOOGLE SLIDES™ that includes movable "chips".... perfect for teletherapy or a smart board!
- An EASEL Activity
⭐BUNDLE & SAVE on more activities like this⭐