A collection of 12 beginning of the year sheets and activities. As a bonus this packet includes a section that describes ten additional activities that can be completed as getting to know you or team building activities. A great set of activities to use at the beginning of the school year or the first day of school!
1. Parent Brag Sheet-Have parents fill out this sheet early in the year! This is a great sheet to save and reference throughout the year.
2. Word Searches-These are great to use for morning work or extra time fillers during the first few days of school.
3. Get to Know You BINGO-Give this sheet to students and allow them to move around the classroom trying to find other students who match each description. When a student has filled in a complete row or column they can call “BINGO!”
4. Student Information-Basic student information sheet to keep throughout the school year.
5. Time Capsule-Fill out one of these on the first day of school and save it. Fill out the second copy during the last week of school and compare it to the first!
6. Classroom Map-Have students create a map of the classroom. This is a great activity for groups or partners.
7. Self-Portrait-Have students draw their self-portraits and then write words to describe themselves.
8. All About Me Boxes-A quick activity where students may write or draw answers.
9. My Goals-Students can set goals for the school year in each subject area. For younger grades, you may only want them to select two or three subject areas to start.
10. My Ideal Classroom-Have students brainstorm what their ideal classroom would be like (look like, sound like, feel like). Students should draw a picture and then write rules that will help create their ideal classroom. You can use these as discussion starters when creating your classroom rules.
11. My Favorites-Students can answer these questions about their favorite things.
12. Acrostic Name Poem-Have students write the letters of their names vertically on each line. Then use descriptive words and phrases for each letter.
13. A collection of ten other getting to know you activities with descriptions to use at the beginning of the year.