Being a follower of Jesus takes a good pair of sneaker sometimes. Not regular sneakers, but spiritual sneakers. These won’t help you run in a race, but they will help you run away from sin and temptation and keep on the path God intends for you. Paul urged Timothy to flee or run away from evil people, places, or things that would tempt him to disobey God. Paul also told Timothy to run toward godly people who have pure hearts. This is great advice for all of us! We need to use our spiritual sneakers to run away from evil and run toward good.
This is a 17-page packet that includes everything you need to do this activity with your students. What a great way to begin the year...or for anytime!
Included in this packet:
1. Get Your Sneakers On Project Page Printable
2. Pair of Converse Sneakers Pattern Printable
3. Spiritual Sneakers Grading Rubrics
(There are 2 rubrics for you. 1 is for if you decide you'd like this to be an individual assignment. The other is if you'd like to do this as a cooperative assignment.)
4. Topic Opposite List Printable (This is for the teacher. You can assign the opposites (sample greed-generosity) to each student/group and keep track of who you gave what to! The list includes 30 opposites to assign.
5. Sample Written Work Printable- Run Away From Greed and Run Toward Generosity (This will allow your students to see exactly what you are looking for.)
6. Run Away From _______________, Run Toward ______________ Printables for finished, final-copy student written work
7. Scripture Reference Sheet Packet- This has a list of all the topics and where you can find information about the topics in the Bible. It is such a good reference to have in your classroom.
8. Teacher Notes - project advice and start up
I hope this blesses you!