If you are looking for student engagement, you have come to the right site. This PowerPoint teaches the phonics skills for Get the Egg,1st grade Reading Street. It also teaches the High-Frequency Words for this story.
Click below to view the printables that go with this story.
Get the Egg Printables
The students will:
1. Look at a picture and segment the word using selected tool. ( A blending page is attached in this packet)
2. Look at a picture. Write the vowel on board.
3. Read sentences and write the words with short e or consonant blends
4. Read sentences with short e words or consonant blends and act out the words.
5. Build words with these sounds (The letters are included in this packet)
6. Look at a clue and spell the HFW.
7. Fill in the missing letter in the HFW.
8. Read sentences using HFW. Students will find the HFW and write them. (A recording sheet is included in the packet.)
9. The HFW will flash on the screen for one second, students will write the word on their board.
Your students can use a variety of tools during this PowerPoint.
Tools students can use:
1. Sand trays or salt trays
2. Shaving cream in a tray
3. Blending boxes in a plastic folder (This sheet is included in the pack)
4. Personal white board
5. Students can write on their desks with dry erase markers
When you look at the preview there will be no animation because it is a PDF. However on the PowerPoint there will be animation. You can also edit the words, but the clipart has been embedded into the slides.
Click below to buy the bundle and get one week free.
Unit 1 PowerPoints