A fun and functional set of activities to get to know your upper elementary, middle and high school students! This choice board includes nine engaging activities that let you get to know your unique students while providing student choice! This resource is perfect for the beginning of the school year, the start of a new semester, or for teachers or long term subs who are starting in a new classroom!
This resource includes the following activities:
- The Basics - Basic questions regarding name/nickname, age, family, and hobbies.
- #Goals - Questions regarding future goals and ideas.
- Likes & Dislikes - Students will drag and drop words into "Like" and "Dislike" columns to show their preferences.
- This or That - Students drag and drop a circle to show which they prefer between two choices.
- The Playlist of Me - Students select three songs that represent them in some way and record the name, singer, and reasoning behind selecting them.
- A Note to My Teacher - Students answer questions about learning preferences.
- Quotable - Students type or paste a quote that inspires them.
- Favorites - Students record their favorite things in each category.
- On a Scale - Students drag and drop a circle to show where they fall on a scale between two things.
Pro Tip: While students are working, walk around and discuss the activity they are working on and asking follow up questions! This lets you develop a natural relationship and show your students that you care!
With your purchase, you will be able to download a google drive folder that includes your own copy of the following:
- A google slides version of the resource, ready to assign!
- A printable PDF version of the activities in black and white.
How does this product work?
This product is ready to use and includes all required text boxes and shapes. Simply assign on your learning platform as you would any other google slides presentation and make a copy for each student. It will take you mere minutes from purchase to using in your classroom, make this the perfect activity for a busy teacher like you!
On the first page, there is a space and text box provided for you to type how many activities you would like your students to complete. I recommend having students complete six or seven activities to allow for student choice.
Looking for more ways to build relationships with your students? Check out my Team Building Game Sets!
Click here to follow me and you will be notified when new products are added to my store! All new products are 50% off for the first 24 hours they are posted, so it pays to follow me! Also, be sure to leave feedback to earn TpT credits to spend on future purchases!
Thank you for your time,