Also included in
- Task analysis is a strategy in ABA where a complex skill such as putting on a shirt is broken down into simple component steps (e.g., pick up shirt, slide over head, put one arm through, etc.).This resource contains data sheets with step-by-step directions for students to follow in four critical dre$4.80$6.00Save $1.20
Task analysis is a strategy in ABA where a complex skill such as putting on a shirt is broken down into simple component steps (e.g., pick up shirt, slide over head, put one arm through, etc.).
This resource contains data sheets with step-by-step directions for students to follow in four critical dressing life skills:
- Putting on a Jacket - 2 sets of instructions for younger and older kids
- Putting on Pants
- Putting on a Shirt
- Putting on Socks and Shoes
If you are interested in a task analysis for hygiene tasks like brushing hair/teeth, using the bathroom, or washing hands, see here: Hygiene Task Analysis 4 Pack
What I love about these sheets is that they will allow you to take data on at least two trials of the tasks (can be used on same or different days). This helps to cut down on wasted paper and also to track progress. There is also room to mark down the prompt level which for each step.
I include instructions on the bottom of each sheet so that you and classroom staff know exactly how to fill out the sheet!
If you are interested in a FREE blank task analysis spreadsheet, see my other listing here: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/FREE-Task-Analysis-Data-Sheet-Fillable-PDF-File-5115002
I also have instructions on how to do a task analysis on my website: https://www.thinkpsych.com/blog/task-analysis-free-download . Trust me, it's a lot simpler than it looks and will help your children to make progress on complex skills more quickly!
IMPORTANT: This resource comes in a ZIP file, so you will need to be able to extract it. Within the ZIP file, I include five PDF file that allow you to fill out the student name and dates on the computer. I also include the excel sheets for all 5 files so you can modify the instructions to better fit your classroom and students!
If you like my products and would like to be notified of new releases, please click "Follow" under my Store Name (ThinkPsych) on the right hand side of the page.
If you purchase this product, you are eligible to receive free TpT credits to use on future purchases if you leave feedback! I also greatly appreciate any feedback on my products so I can keep improving. Here are instructions on how to leave feedback:
Hover your mouse over "My TpT," and select "My Purchases."
- Under the title of each resource is a green "Provide Feedback" link.
- Click the link to go to the "Comments and Ratings" section of the resource's page.
- Fill out the feedback form completely (you must assign a grade to all six categories and leave a written comment.)
- Click "Send" to submit.