This is an entertaining set of interesting activities about family that will really get your students chatting in class. I'm sure your students will share a lot of interesting things with each other all the while practicing useful English and building a stronger sense of community in the class.
* a whole-class interview
* a speaking assessment for the interview (PBLA/CLB aligned)
* a rubric for the speaking assessment (PBLA aligned)
* an example family tree, along with target language to be used
* a reading comprehension worksheet about the example family tree
* a family tree worksheet for students
* a fun logic game based on figuring on who is who in a very forgetful family
* a review exercise based on the logic game
* sample lesson plan
* answer keys
There really is something for everything in this set of materials.
LINC Instructors: these materials are designed for a CLB 3 or higher class, but you could use them in a stronger CLB 2 class.
As always, have a great class! Feedback is always appreciated. :)