How are you supposed to get to know a God who can feel so distant? The truth is that we don't have a God of distance. We have a God of presence who is in constant pursuit of His people. God is not just present. God speaks.
"Getting To Know Your Creator" is a three week series for high school students in which each week focuses on a new place where we can turn to find God's presence. Lessons were crafted to last between 15 and 20 minutes. Each lesson is accompanied by a youth handout to be used during the lesson.
Week One: God is present in His word.
- As we become more familiar with scripture, we become more familiar with the
Week Two: God is present in His creation.
- The characteristics we find in creation are the same characteristics of the Creator.
Those mountain top experiences are more than just pretty views. They are the
presence of God.
Week Three: God is present in our circumstances
- God does give us more than we can handle. But He doesn't give us more than He
can handle. Whatever obstacle you are facing, God is speaking to you through it
and is ready to help you conquer it.
In this download you will find...
- 1 powerpoint download that includes all 3 lessons
- including notes for each slide
- 3 lesson handouts for the youth to use while you teach
- including after lesson questions for the youth to take home
- 1 Series poster to be used for advertising
All materials are editable. Various sectioned were created hinging on personal stories, experiences, and thoughts. These sections contain notes to help you best substitute your own materials to best meet the needs of your learners.
Please contact SamTroemel@gmail.com with any questions regarding this series.