This course is designed to help you successfully support your students in four phases of their job search: Identifying the kind of jobs that are right for them, writing a powerful resume and cover letter, presenting themselves professionally, and developing effective interview skills.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
• Engage students in a thorough and targeted job search process
• Guide students’ development of professional quality resumes and cover letters
• Enable students to choose appropriate references to support their job application
• Outline the do’s and dont's of professional dress and image
• Expertly coach students in presentation skill development
• Prepare students to thoughtfully answer even difficult interview questions
• Assist students in finding and securing inter/externships and jobs
Who this course is for:
This course is ideal for guidance counselors, career services staff, and anyone working in placement.