Getting to Know Characters- Fiction Reading Resources
This resource compliments a character study unit for Fiction texts! I have uploaded the resources in the order that I have used them in my class as we introduce a new Fiction class read aloud and students are assigned (or choose) new Fiction independent books. I have included photographs from my classroom as examples.
What's Included in this Resource:
-pages 1-4: an explanation of how to use the resource with photographs
-page 5: A projectable and traceable anchor chart- it includes an area to record what the character says, does, and thinks, ideas about the character (for character traits), then bigger ideas about the character (for theories) - this anchor chart can also be printed and glued in student note books for them to take notes on
-page 6: The same anchor chart from page 5 shrunken to be cut and printed for student notebooks
-page 7: Explanation on how to use the Sticky Note Template
-page 8: Sticky Note Template. This is to be printed first. Place sticky notes on it and print the pre-made sticky notes of your choice.
-page 9: "My Reading Goal" pre-made sticky note
-page 10: "Stop reading here and jot what the character says, does, and thinks" pre-made sticky note
-page 11: "Stop reading here" pre-made sticky note
-pages 12-14: an explanation of how to develop a theory about a character with photographs
-page 15: pre-made "Theory" sticky note
-page 16: a half sheet to be glued into student notebook's about their theory on their character
-page 17: a template to be printed and glued in student notebook's with sentence starters to write long about the theory of their character
-page 18: an explanation on how to use the prediction portion of this product
-page 19: pre-made sticky notes for higher level predictions
-page 20: a half sheet to be glued into student notebook's about their predictions on their character with a place to write about their prediction
To see other products, previews and teaching ideas, follow me on Instagram!
I would love to hear feedback on my product if you enjoy this resource!
Thank you for your purchase!
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page.
• Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button.
• Click it. Give a quick rating & leave a short comment for the product.
• Your feedback will give you credits to use on future TPT purchases.
• If there is a small mistake on an item, or you have suggestions/constructive criticism, please let me know under the Q and A section before leaving negative feedback! Please give me a chance to fix it and improve my product. Thanks!☺
Follow me & receive updates about my products:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo.
• Click it to become a follower.
• Voila! You will now receive email updates about new products in my store