Getting to Know You - Singing Game:
Have fun with this "getting to know you" singing game at the beginning of the year.
The game is played with children seated in a circle. They listen to a question and if it applies to them, they get up and dance in the middle of the circle. Different actions can be used instead of 'dancing', or if you're not so confident singing, you could use instrumental music for children to dance to when it's their turn.
Includes 60 colorful flashcards featuring multicultural children.
Topics of the flashcards include:
• Things at home
• How you get to school
• Clothes you are wearing
• Age (ages 3 - 7 pictured)
Flashcards can also be used as conversation starters and are effective for use in speech therapy and ESL sessions.
Get up and moving!
This getting to know you game is perfect as a brain break to relieve restlessness and help switch on the brain.
The flashcards are provided in two variations:
• Print-ready PDF with two flashcards per page to easily print at home or school.
• Flashcards as print-ready photos (JPEG files). These can be printed out like normal photos. Many retailers offer cheap photo-printing, so this can make an economical way to print out the flashcards.
Perfect for first day of school and beginning of the year activities.
This 'Getting to Know You' Song File includes:
• Sheet music for song
• Instructions for playing the game
• Audio demo of the song (melody only played on a keyboard)
• 60 colorful flashcards featuring pictures of children. Photos are multicultural and feature a range of diversity.
• Credit page
Files are delivered in a zipped file. See the TpT help section if you are not sure how to open a zipfile. It's easy once you know how!
You May Also Like:
A treasure chest of name songs
Name recognition and learning the names of peers are important skills for young children at the beginning of the school year. Find some inspiration for back to school name learning in our collection of 20 name games, songs, and rhymes. Fun for the first day of school.
Click here for name songs!
Name Activity: Name Puzzles
Beginning of the Year – ‘M is for Me’ Display
First Day of School
- A passport template for the first day of school.
- Perfect for getting organized at the start of the year.
This resource is useful for:
• First day activities
• Orientation Day activities
• First day of kindergarten
• Back to school / first day of school activities
• Getting to know you games and icebreakers