Getting to Know You in Speech Therapy
Updated July 2016 (new pages added!)
No Prep, Low Ink, Print & Go!
***Now includes a version with UK/Canada Spelling (colour/favourite)
I use this activity the first week of school or when I get new students in speech. It is a fun way to learn about your students! My students love completing all of the activities in the packet. Once it is finished, I send the packet home. You could also display some the pages in the hall or in your room.
• This is me: The student draws their own portrait and describes their eyes and hair.
• My favorite things: The student draws their favorite food, toy, animal, and colors in their favorite color on a crayon.
• Design a t-shirt: The student gets to design a cool t-shirt that they would wear to school.
• My Perfect Lunch: The student will draw their favorite lunch, color in their favorite drink, and color their favorite condiments!
• My family: The students draws a picture of their family. I encourage them to tell me about them (their names, what they like to do as a family, ect..).
• My Pet: The student circles and colors the pet they have (or want) and draws a picture of it.
• My Home: The student draws a picture of their home or room and checks which type of home they have (house/apartment)
• My Summer Break: The student draws a picture of something they did over the summer. They are encouraged to tell the group a story about it!
• My Favorite Class: The student will circle or color their favorite class and tell why.
• Classroom Getting to Know You: This is a BONUS coloring activity. The students will answer questions and color the part of the classroom scene next to them. By the end of the page the students will have learned about each other!
• Why I come to speech: This is the page where the students check, write in, or circle their broad speech objective(s).
• Speech Practice: This page is a good introduction for your students to be aware that they need to work on speech all the time! I also have a reinforcer at the bottom to encourage daily reading!
This activity is designed for students in k-3 (use your discretion within these grade levels).Some of my older elementary students and middle schoolers also enjoy this. You can use this activity to target following directions, describing, vocabulary, and turn taking skills.
Check out all of my back to school products!
• Back 2 School NO-PREP Language Pack
• Unpack the Bag Interactive Book
• Pack the Bag Articulation (cut and paste craft)
• Dab-A-Sound Back 2 School Edition
• Getting to Know You in Speech NO-PREP packet
• Color by Skill NO-PREP pack Back to School Edition
• Glue It! Phonological Processes
• Listen Up! Classroom Edition FREEBIE
• Articulation Classroom
• Pack the Bag Artic
Another great activity for getting to know your students is My Favorites Activity
and My Favorites FREEBIE Activity
(Click the name to check them out!)
All rights reserved to Mandi SLP of Panda Speech. This original activity was imagined and created by Mandi SLP 2015, all rights reserved.
Leave feedback to earn TPT credits but as always email me first
with any questions or concerns! I am happy to resolve any
issues or questions you have email@example.com
For more tips and resources visit my blog www.pandaspeechtherapy.com
Follow Panda Speech on Facebook,TPT, Pinterest, Bloglovin, and Instagram