This resource is included in a bundle
Student ♥ Engagement Bundle of Language Arts Lessons for Middle and High School
Give your students an exciting two-three days of horror on this ghost tour! Even your reluctant readers will enjoy. Online informational reading that really hooks your students; teens find this topic thought-provoking and meaningful. There is a variety of reading material provided, at various Lexile levels and lengths. They will need to be online to work through this ghost tour and be sure to print the pages beforehand. This project is designed for the Internet, but if you will not have access to the Internet, you’ll need to print off the articles, beforehand. You can always go to fewer stops on the tour if you would prefer a one-day ghost tour, as well. Your kids would prefer at least two days (just sayin').
Also, please note that this is scary stuff! Not like many see on in the media, but still. Please make sure your younger teens have an alternate assignment, if they find it too scary. :)
1. Designer version for displaying on projector and to place in your teacher’s binder, printer-friendly black and white version for multiple handouts. Also, an editable copy of the student assignment sheets.
2. Teacher’s Guide and Notes.
3. Learning Targets.
4. Blank Ghost Tour Dictionary for noting and visualizing new words.
6. Ghost Tour: Nine online sites linked and with URLs addresses (just in case).
7. Directions and questions for students at each stop.
8. Homework activity (read H.P. Lovecraft story) suggested, but optional.
♥ ♥ If you like this product, you may also enjoy:
Lessons with Song Lyrics
1. My Life Symbolized by Song Titles
2. Coldplay's "Violet Hill" Song Lyric Analysis Lesson
1. A Bundle of Lessons for 5 Episodes of The Twilight Zone
2. The Tale of the Monkey's Paw -- Scary and High Interest
3. "The Cask of Amontillado" Worksheet Assessment
1. Literary/Poetic Devices "Tab-shoo"
2. Literary Elements "Tab-shoo"
3. Characterization: Character Portrayal Game
4. "Name That Tone" - Author's Tone Game
5. Hangman Template (a step-by-step easy approach to the process of the game)
Twelve Angry Men In-Class Performance for Middle and High School
1. Drop Out Facts and Statistics with Student Goal-Setting and a Persuasive Letter Prompt (persuade a friend not to drop out) - Includes Cause-Effect-Solution Graphic Organizer
Thank you for stopping by my store! ♥
Junior High & Secondary Fun, Scary Internet Research Project.