Students LOVE the graphic novels by Raina Telgemeier - and now you can translate that love into learning with this easy to use, no prep novel study!
This product is a great fit for your guided reading groups, independent book studies or literature circle groups. The graphic novel format is great for encouraging and engaging students who lack confidence in their reading ability.
This product contains chapter by chapter vocabulary and comprehension work - and comes with complete answer keys!
Questions focus on:
- Comprehension Strategies (Prior Knowledge, Questioning, Predicting, Visualizing)
- Demonstrating Understanding (Summarize, Identifying Main Ideas)
- Extending Understanding (Connecting, Comparing, Contrasting)
- Analyzing the Text (How elements contribute to meaning)
- Evaluating/Responding to the Text
Answer Keys & Assessments
- Answers to all of the comprehension chapter questions
- Complete list of all vocabulary words
- Rubric to be used to evaluate student's reading responses
- Use this rubric to evaluate student responses to chapter work. You can evaluate on specific questions of your choosing, use all of the questions or have students select their best responses to submit
- Ontario and Common Core standards are indicated on the rubric
- Vocabulary Test
- Answer key included to test knowledge of vocabulary words from the unit
If you like this product please give some feedback and follow my store!
Check out my Comprehension Package for the graphic novel series by Terri Libenson:
Invisible Emmie, Just Jaime, Positively Izzy
Another great novel to use with your classroom is OCDaniel - Check out my complete novel guide:
If you love Raina Telgemeier graphic novels check out my novel study for GUTS!
GUTS Novel Guide