My school had a nutcracker theme for their holiday show one year, so I showed students how to draw a giant nutcracker on butcher paper.
Now you can download your own diagram to help you make your own. Folding the paper to create guide lines really helps with the proportion.
• White Kraft Paper, 36″ wide, such as the Pacon brand
• Black marker, thick chisel tip
1. Cut a sheet of white kraft paper 60“ long.
2. Fold the sheet in half lengthwise and cut on fold to make a panel that is 18” x 60”.
3. Fold this new sheet in half lengthwise. Fold it in half three times, the long way and crease edges. Unfold so that you end up with a grid that is 2 panels wide by 8 panels tall.
4. Sketch the nutcracker according to the diagram. The fold lines will help you make a well proportioned figure.
5. Trace the drawing with a marker and color heavily with crayons.