Teaching about the Gideon v. Wainwright
Want to practice primary source analysis
while teaching the Gideon v. Wainwright
This 1-page handout provides the original Supreme Court
ruling as well as the document image for students to analyze with guiding questions for a better understanding of American documents and, in this case, the Gideon v. Wainwright case
. Includes a significance wrap-up question in which students utilize all of the information to explain the significance of the case or ruling.
Answer Key is Provided!
All images and other primary sources collected from Library of Congress, National Archives or public domain.
Document image is not clear for text reading as all text is in reading block, but is provided for students to see actual document and to evaluate larger content such as dates and format.
See preview for actual product.
Great class or homework assignment!
• Duties & Responsibilities of Citizenship Centers Activity & Project
• Criminal Cases Investigation Research Activity - Law & Justice
• Lochner v New York 1905 Supreme Court Case Document Analysis Activity
• Miranda v Arizona Supreme Court Case Document Analysis Activity Miranda Rights
• Roe v Wade Supreme Court Case Document Analysis Activity Abortion Ruling
• Schenck v United States 1919 Supreme Court Case Document Analysis Activity
• Supreme Court Case Document Analysis Activity BUNDLE of 10 Popular Cases
See other Primary Source Analysis Activities in my TpT Store!
You may really like my U.S. Primary Source Analysis Bundle and My SPRITE Series!
Please visit my TpT Store for other great Social Studies, ELA, and New Teacher Resources. You will find:
Walking Tours through History, Archeological Digs, Bio Card Activities, Game Card Sets, Scavenger Hunts, Centers & Stations Activities, Interactive Lectures, Analysis Assignments, Student Review Materials, Role-Card Activities, Human Board Game Sets, & so much more!