The Gift of the Magi reading and writing unit works really well for both a Thanksgiving Unit or a Christmas Unit for Middle School and High School students. As a Thanksgiving Unit, the larger themes of selflessness and thankfulness are discussed. As a Christmas Unit, these same themes are discussed as the story focuses around gift-giving during Christmastime. An excellent, in-depth and evidence-based unit for Middle School and High School students during the holidays!
All of the activities in this unit are meant to get students thinking more critically and logically as they provide solid evidence for any claims made. We've included plenty of fun and challenging activities, as well as a teacher annotated edition of the short story.
UPDATED to include 2 Vocabulary Preview Activities AND a Complete Unit Test and Answer Key!
**YOU CAN ALSO PURCHASE THIS RESOURCE IN ONE OF TWO BUNDLES:
2 Resource Christmas Bundle SAVE 20%
6 Christmas Reading and Writing Resources Bundle SAVE 25%!
INCLUDED IN THIS UNIT:
- Teacher annotated text of "The Gift of the Magi"
- Black student copy of "The Gift of the Magi"
- Vocabulary Preview Crossword Puzzle with Answer Key
- Vocabulary Preview Graphic Organizer Activity
- Meaningful Gift Graphic Organizer and Activity
- Character Traits Worksheet
- Plot Summary Activity
- Hashtag Help Activity
- 10 Task Cards for Discussions
- Thank You Note Activity (with rubric for teacher)
- Essay Question (with rubric for teacher)
- Final Unit Test and Answer Key
OTHER CHRISTMAS / HOLIDAY RESOURCES FROM EB ACADEMIC CAMPS:
- 12 Days of Christmas Activities for Middle School & High School
- Gingerbread House for Sale - Descriptive Writing Activity
- Christmas Narrative Writing Unit for Middle School
- Christmas Countdown Daily Writing Prompts
- Christmas Whiteout Poetry Activity
- 24 Winter Writing Prompts
- Holiday Gift Tags
- 6 Christmas Reading and Writing Resources Bundle
- FREE Christmas Activities Resource for Middle School & High School