Here’s what vocabulary instruction SHOULD NOT be:
• It shouldn’t be boring.
• It shouldn’t include only low-level rote memorization.
• It shouldn’t be an “easy A” for students good at memorizing.
• It shouldn’t take up an abundance of your class time.
Download my lessons for vocabulary instruction using O. Henry’s short story “The Gift of the Magi” and receive the following:
• Printable vocabulary cards allowing students to interact with the words in a variety of ways. This requires one homework assignment and 5 minutes in class per day for 5 days.
• Two engaging vocab games—one to use daily for the first 5 minutes of class and one to use as a review at the end of the unit (please note the end-of-unit review involves the board game “Apples to Apples.” For obvious reasons, the actual board game is not included in this download.)
• A rigorous vocabulary quiz with answer key. To pass this quiz requires more than just memorizing a single definition. The words must be used in a variety of ways.
• CCSS alignment
You might also like Gift of the Magi BUNDLED SET