Stimulate students with this cross-curricular, project based unit which includes geography, research, math and creative writing, culminating in an oral presentation. Students will have the opportunity to plan a cross country road trip for a family of four. They will stay busy planning their route, researching landmarks and keeping track of their exact budget. Students creativity will be ignited and they won’t even realize the extent of higher level thinking that they are engaging in. This unit includes lesson plans, student handouts, budget worksheets and a rubric.
How can I use this?
• Student paced project based learning assignment
• Incorporate cross-curricular standards to challenge and engage gifted students
What is included?
• Teacher implementation notes
• Student handouts and instructions
How much class time will this take?
This activity can take up to three weeks of 50-minute class periods.
What if I want more?
Similar products Utopian Societies in Literature. Music as Poetry.
How do I stay updated on new products, sales, and freebies?
**Follow Me** by clicking the green star by my store name. I add new products often so this is the best way to keep up with what’s happening at For the Love of Humanities!
• Use this item for your own classroom, students, or for your own personal use.
• Buy additional licenses for others to use this product at a discount by visiting your TpT “My Purchases” page.
• Review this product to recommend others buy it in blog posts, at professional development workshops, or other venues as long as credit is given to my store with a direct link to my store/product.
You may not...
• Upload this product to any website or server – even one for your classroom.
• Give this product to others without the purchase of an additional license for them (this includes emailing, printing copies, or sharing through a website, cloud or other network.)
• Copy or modify any part of this document to offer others for free or for sale.