Introduce your students to the Gifts of Mesopotamia with this hands-on activity.
1) information for students to read about 11 Mesopotamian "gifts" or accomplishments
2) student handout that includes a section for each of the 11 "gifts" where students will answer questions from the reading and draw a picture related to that gift
3) teacher answer key for the questions
4) Gifts of Mesopotamia Teacher Directions that provides five different ways you can use the Gifts of Mesopotamia, including a variety of ways to use it with cooperative groups, independent work or as a jigsaw activity
5) instructions and photos of each of the gift boxes you can create if you want to do the super turbo awesome version of the Gifts of Mesopotamia (it's still a great activity even if you opt out of making the boxes :).
I gotta be honest, this is always my favorite day during our Mesopotamia unit :). The kids LOVE opening the gift boxes and discovering what's inside that relates to that specific gift of Mesopotamia.
PROVIDE FEEDBACK & GET TpT CREDIT
I deeply appreciate your feedback and the time you take to provide it. It helps me figure out how to improve my products and what types of assignments and activities are the most helpful to you. The good news is that whenever you provide feedback on purchased items, TpT will award you credits/points that you can use toward future purchases. It’s a win-win! Just go to “My Purchases” and click on “provide feedback.” You can check your credit balance by going to the “My TpT” menu and clicking on “TpT credit balance.”
I’m always adding new assignments and activities. If you would like TpT to notify you when something new has been added to my store, click the star that says “follow me.”