Gilded Age Immigration Activity
Are you teaching about American Immigration during the Gilded Age
Want a fun
lesson filled with all the core content on the Gilded Age
This activity covers the New Immigrants of the Gilded Age in America
The presentation has complete information with push/pull factors
, characteristics of the new immigrants
, and prompts students to compare to the old immigrants
are included with images on the screen for students to step into the lesson and act out the people in the immigration
The final slides lead students through an activity on comparing the new immigrants
, including Italians
, and Mexicans
The accompanying handout has readings and role cards at the end of a word file. Just print, cut, and distribute during activity.
Includes bellringers asking students to analyze industrialism images and a wrap-up allowing students to compare immigrant experience to modern experiences.
Designed for a 90 minute block, but could be easily adapted for 2 traditional class periods.
Could be used in any level of U.S. History class.
Preview file is student handout grading key!
• Gilded Age COMPLETE Unit for U.S. History Industrialism Immigration Urbanization
• Gilded Age Immigration & Urbanization Jacob Riis Lecture & Image Analysis
• Gilded Age Industrialism, Unions & Triangle Fire Lecture & Image Analysis
• U.S. History Chinese Immigration PowerPoint Lecture
• UPDATED! Coming of Age in U.S. Immigration PPT w/Pictures, Stats...
See my TpT Store for other great U.S. History, World History, Geography, Holocaust, or ELA activities!