Included in this Gilded Age Lesson Set is the following:
- A 40-slide lecture that provides context on the Gilded Age (perfect for an introductory lesson). This lecture covers:
1. Late 19th Century Westward Expansion
(Homestead Act, Transcontinental Railroad, Buffalo, Native Americans)
2. Late 19th Century Industrialization / Industrial Revolution
(Inventions, Immigration, Urbanization, Tenements, Unions)
- A 2-page lecture outline
that corresponds with the PowerPoint Slides
- A Class handout for Do Now Completion
- A Mini-Unit Essential Question
This lesson is the first context lesson in a lesson set on the Gilded Age. Check out the second lesson in this set, Western Frontier Timeline Activity
- This lesson should be delivered over the course of 1-2 50-minute class periods (can be expanded or condensed)
- This lesson was created for upper high school students. However, the lecture outline can also be adapted as fill-in-the-blank notes for lower grade-levels.
- It is best delivered to students as they copy notes in notebooks or on laptops.