Finally, upper grades can join in the fun of a gingerbread theme too! This packet of themed, curriculum-rich activities includes:
- 2 gingerbread man writing activities (narrative and descriptive)
- directions and illustrations for how to use the writing activities as a bulletin board
- 2 bulletin board title pages
- gingerbread house construction math project (problem solving, addition, multiplication, and division)
- photos and clip art of gingerbread houses to inspire students in the construction project
- gingerbread recipe reading comprehension
- suggested book list
- a take-home version of the gingerbread house recipe inviting families to make the recipe as a school-to-home connection
The packet includes both Microsoft Office files (.doc, .docx, and .pub) for customization, and also ready-to-print PDFs of the same files. All files are full-color and beautifully illustrated, but will also print nicely in grayscale. The .docx file is also included in .doc form in case you cannot open the newer file type.
A gingerbread theme is a great one for public schools since it is not religious and not specific to Christmas.
If you like the activity, please leave feedback and check out my other products. I have many holiday themed resources in my catalog, including a Christmas adjectives writing assignment and bulletin board and several coordinate graphing practice pages. Keep up with all of my latest creations by following me on Teachers Pay Teachers or becoming a fan of my store on Facebook
! Have an idea for a great resource? Email me at the address listed below! If I decide to create your idea, you'll get a free copy!
Please do not copy this activity for an entire grade level or school. If your colleagues like the activity, please send them to Teachers Pay Teachers!
Smarty Pants Teaching Blog
Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Gingerbread Across the Curriculum by Anna M. Colley
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License