The Gingerbread Baby project is a fun way to integrate Social Studies, reading, and writing during the Winter months. I use this as my December focus.
You will read Gingerbread Baby by Jan Brett. Then send a Gingerbread Baby off to explore another state. He/She will return to tell his tales of adventure.
You will receive:
1. An overview of this project
2. The Parent Letter to be sent home to each family
3. The Relative Letter explaining their part in the project
4. The Relative Questionnaire to be filled out and returned by the participating relative
5. A Gingerbread Baby Template
6. A sample of how to fill out the Parent Letter, Relative Letter, and Questionnaire.
You will need to provide each student with an envelope and make one gingerbread baby on brown card stock for each student.