PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Gingerbread book study using the books The Gingerbread Man (by: Karen Schmidt), The Gingerbread Baby, The Gingerbread Girl & The Gingerbread Cowboy. Compare the books and create a Gingerbread Book comparison chart comparing the characters, and repeated phrase, ending. Use the character cards for each book as you read and place in a center for students to retell independently. Teacher pages are included with essential question you can ask and a 5 day plan for circle time! Add a writing component and journal about each book! This is designed for preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten classrooms! Updated October 2016
SAVE MONEY and Purchase the bundle Gingerbread Bundle!
• Gingerbread Book Comparison Anchor Chart & Teacher Page (6 Pages)
• Gingerbread Book Venn Diagram Teacher Page (1 Page)
• Gingerbread Story Character Cards for all 4 Books (16 pages)
o Small cards (9 to a page)
o Large cards (4 to a page)
• Gingerbread Retelling and Essential Questions Teacher Pages (2 Pages)
• Gingerbread Journal Pages & Teacher Page (6 Pages)
• Class Vote: Favorite Gingerbread Book Anchor Chart Pieces & Teacher Page (3 Pages)
Gingerbread books needed for this unit:
The Gingerbread Man by: Karen Schmidt
The Gingerbread Baby by Jan Brett
The Gingerbread Girl by Lisa Ernst
The Gingerbread Cowboy by Janet Squires
Check out more winter products!
Click the green star to follow me to receive 50% off all new products for the first 24 hours a new product is posted!
Gingerbread | The Gingerbread Man | gingerbread retelling | character cards | story cards | retelling cards | retelling preschool | retelling pre-k | retelling kindergarten | gingerbread retelling cards | gingerbread preschool | gingerbread pre-k | gingerbread kindergarten | gingerbread book comparison | gingerbread anchor chart | book study