Gingerbread book study using the books The Gingerbread Man (by: Karen Schmidt), The Gingerbread Baby, The Gingerbread Girl & The Gingerbread Cowboy. Compare the books and create a Gingerbread Book comparison chart comparing the characters, and repeated phrase, ending. Use the character cards for each book as you read and place in a center for students to retell independently. Teacher pages are included with essential question you can ask and a 5 day plan for circle time! Add a writing component and journal about each book! This is designed for preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten classrooms! Updated October 2016
SAVE MONEY and Purchase the bundle Gingerbread Bundle
• Gingerbread Book Comparison Anchor Chart & Teacher Page (6 Pages)
• Gingerbread Book Venn Diagram Teacher Page (1 Page)
• Gingerbread Story Character Cards for all 4 Books (16 pages)
o Small cards (9 to a page)
o Large cards (4 to a page)
• Gingerbread Retelling and Essential Questions Teacher Pages (2 Pages)
• Gingerbread Journal Pages & Teacher Page (6 Pages)
• Class Vote: Favorite Gingerbread Book Anchor Chart Pieces & Teacher Page (3 Pages)
Check out more winter products!
Gingerbread Math, Literacy, & Fine Motor Centers and ActivitiesBakery: Dramatic Play, Math, Literacy, Fine Motor, & MoreWinter Math and Literacy CentersIce Skating Rink Dramatic Play for Preschool, Pre-K, and Kindergarten
Click the green star to follow me to receive 50% off all new products for the first 24 hours a new product is posted!
Visit my store Pocket of Preschool
Gingerbread | The Gingerbread Man | gingerbread retelling | character cards | story cards | retelling cards | retelling preschool | retelling pre-k | retelling kindergarten | gingerbread retelling cards | gingerbread preschool | gingerbread pre-k | gingerbread kindergarten | gingerbread book comparison | gingerbread anchor chart | book study