Looking for Gingerbread Pre-K centers? Kindergarten centers too? These are for you! Designed with both Pre-K and Kindergarten in mind, these centers will give you a variety of activities and options for your students.
This pack is filled with engaging math and literacy centers for Pre-K and Kindergarten students with a Gingerbread theme.
***This pack is also available in a money saving BUNDLE***
LITERACY CENTERS AND ACTIVITIES:
“Colorful Gumdrops” Emergent Reader (2 levels)
- print a simple label style version, or one with a predictable sentence pattern. Copy two-sided and cut in half for two books!
Gingerbread/Gumdrop Alphabet Puzzles
- Match the gingerbread man letters to their gumdrops. Both upper and lowercase versions included (can also mix and match).
Name Tracing Strips
- Editable File included! Make these for your students and laminate them or put them in a sheet protector. With dry erase markers they can trace their names over and over!
Gumdrop CVC Words (2 levels)
- Pick a gingerbread card and look at the picture on it. Find and color the matching CVC word gumdrop. 2nd version includes the words on the card to make it a visual discrimination/matching activity and self-checking.
Gumdrop Sight Word Puzzles (Editable)
- Put two halves together to make a whole sight word. Optional recording sheet included. Add your own letters, words, or names for your class!
- Pick a gingerbread card and say the letter name. Find and color the gumdrop with the matching letter. Both upper and lowercase options included.
Gumdrop Letter Sounds (2 levels)
– Pick a gingerbread card and say the picture name. Find and trace letter that makes that sound. Second version includes the matching letter written on the card for visual discrimination/matching.
Gingerbread Write It (Write the Room)
– Pick a card (gingerbread related items). Find and record the word next to its matching picture on the recording sheet.
Letters write and wipe cards
– Print and laminate. With a dry erase marker kids can practice writing letters Aa-Zz.
MATH CENTERS AND ACTIVITIES:
Gingerbread Ten Frame Clip Cards
– Clip the number that shows how many gumdrops are in the ten frames (0-10)
Gumdrop Number Word Clip Cards
– Clip the number that matches the number word shown on the gumdrop (0-10)
What Comes Next, Gingerbread Man? (2 levels)
– Pick a gingerbread card and read the number. Color the gumdrop that shows the number that comes AFTER. Two sets, 0-10 and 10-20.
What Comes Before, Gingerbread Man? (2 levels)
– Pick a gingerbread card and read the number. Color the gumdrop that shows the number that comes BEFORE. Two sets, 1-11 and 11-21.
Gingerbread/Gumdrop Counting Puzzles-
– Count the gumdrops and match them to their gingerbread numbers (1-12).
Gingerbread/Gumdrop Addition Puzzles-
– Solve the addition problem on the gumdrops and match them to their gingerbread numbers (addition to 5).
– Pick a card. Count the cookies on the cookie sheet. Find the letter of that cookie sheet and record how many on the gumdrop.
– Pick a card. Count the cookies on each half of the tray. Find the letter of that cookie sheet and record the equation in the box.
Gumdrop Shape Tally
– Roll the die. Put a tally in the box next to the shape of the gingerbread man’s gumdrops. See which shape gets the most! *inserts included if you use your own plastic sleeve dice.
Gumdrop Roll and Graph
– Roll the die. Draw the shape or color the box above it to show the shape you rolled. See which shape gets to the top first! *inserts included if you use your own plastic sleeve dice.
How Many Gumdrops? (2 levels)
– Pick a gumdrop card. Read the number and fill in a ten frame to match. Second level is played with 20 frames.
Numbers write and wipe cards
– Print and laminate. With a dry erase marker kids can practice writing numbers 0-9.
Gingerbread Addition Spin
– Use a paperclip and a pencil to spin each gingerbread spinner. Add the numbers together (use the number line if needed) and color a gumdrop with the sum.
Black and White Copies of color items are included at the end of the file.
***************************************************************************** More Winter Activities
December Kindergarten Printables Bundle
Winter Emergent Readers