THIS COMPARISON CHART IS A SAMPLE FROM MY Gingerbread Reading Comprehension and Craftivity
THE FULL VERSION INCLUDES: Reading comprehension/ Literature response packet based on your favorite Gingerbread Stories. Perfect alternative to studying "Christmas." Activities are common core aligned. Many are no prep and ready to go after you print. Some would go great with your listening centers and literature circles. Close readings and shared readings will help younger students be able to complete these activities.
Texts to go with this packet:
Gingerbread Baby by Jan Brett
Gingerbread Friends by Jan Brett
The Gingerbread Girl by Lisa Campbell Ernst
The Gingerbread Boy by Paul Gadore
Any other favorite Gingerbread variation
1. Story comparison gingerbread shaped venn-diagram
2. Jan Brett style “How to Make a Gingerbread ________” booklet to write and illustrate
3. Gingerbread Baby Problem/Solution
4. Gingerbread Baby Comprehension sheet
5. Vocabulary practice.
6. Gingerbread Girl Interview
7. Gingerbread Noun town bulletin board or poster.
8. Favorite gingerbread story opinion writing
9. Write your own ending to “The Gingerbread Man”
10. Noun, Verb and adjective sort.
11. Science Experiments: Design a raft and
12. Soggy Gingerbread Man
13. Gingerbread Friends Craftivity
Arctic Animals Comprehension, Writing and Research Project
January Fluency Practice with Duck Dynasty Characters
Jan Brett Author Study
Gingerbread Reading Comprehension and Craftivity
December Themed Fluency Practice your students will love, with Duck Dynasty characters.
Busy Little Firsties Packet
Christmas Fun and Games
Visit my blog!