This unit is full of materials to help celebrate the holiday/winter season gingerbread style! I just love reading gingerbread picture books with my students. Nothing seems to get them excited quite like a gingerbread. I also love that no matter you celebrate you can get into the celebration! It is a great way to ensure all your students are truly having a season full of jolly good fun.. and learning!
Here is a brief description of what is in this unit.
1. Gingerbread Craftivity (I went a little crazy here. There are large, small, colored, black and white, boy and girl templates). tons to choose form.
2. Creating and designing your own gingerbread. A checklist, candy labels as well as candy templates are provided.
3. Writing your own gingerbread story. I have included a transition handout, planning pages, publishing paper (two line styles) as well as a gingerbread house cover for their story.
4. There are a few different retelling activities in this unit.
a. A retelling t-chart
b. Using transition to help you retell worksheet
c. 5 finger retelling gingerbread style
d. Favorite part organizer
e. Writing a gingerbread book review in a booklet format
5. A gingerbread board game that focuses on questions from your favorite gingerbread picture books.
Make sure you take take a look at the preview so you can see everything that is offered in this unit! I hope you enjoy these materials as much as I do!