These engaging holiday activities with bulletin board option are perfect for some fun geometry practice. The product comes in 3 parts which includes identifying geometric shapes and symmetry on 4 different gingerbread houses giving students some real world math problems. The 2nd part involves student creation of a symmetrical Christmas tree. A 3rd activity is the Bulletin Board display where students either cut out Gingerbread Houses and Gingerbread People or color them and then cut them out. All 3 activities are easy to prepare and can be used in centers, independently, small groups, or for remediation. All color images come with a black and white copy for your printing needs.
Want your students to have more fun with Geometry? Let them celebrate what they have learned by making a 3D Gingerbread House Project. The directions are included in this resource. Happy Holidays!
This Product includes:
* Common Core Standard page
* Teacher Suggestions
* 4 different Color Gingerbread Houses with 3 questions and tasks
* 4 different Black and White Gingerbread Houses with 3 questions and tasks (same as above)
* Possible Answer Key for each of the 4 Gingerbread Houses
* 1 Student Recording Sheet for a quick check on student answers for all 4 Houses
* 4 Large Color Gingerbread Houses for Bulletin Board Display
* 4 Large Black and White Gingerbread House Coloring Sheets for Bulletin Board Display
* 6 different Color Gingerbread People for Bulletin Board Display
* 6 different Black and White Gingerbread People Coloring Sheets for Bulletin Board Display
* 3 Bulletin Board ideas for displaying student Gingerbread Houses and Gingerbread People
* 2 styles of Color Christmas Trees for cutting out and symmetrically decorating
* 2 styles of Black and White Christmas Trees to color, cut out, and decorate.
* 2 pages of Color ornaments to be used on the Trees
* 1 page of Black and White ornaments to be colored and used on the tree
* 2 Color Symmetrical Presents to cut out for under the tree
* 2 Black and White Symmetrical Presents to color, cut out, and put under the tree
More Holiday Math Games and Activities below
Christmas Math Word Problems for 3rd: CCSS Aligned
Also available for Grades 2, 4, and 5
12 Days of Christmas Fraction Word Problem Task Card Center