PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
My students love all the gingerbread stories, especially The Gingerbread Girl! This pack is intended to be used after reading the book by Lisa Campbell Ernst. This retelling pack is a favorite of my little ones! My retelling packs help work on sequencing/retelling skills while having a whole lot of fun!
• Vocabulary Cards: Print on cardstock, laminate, and cut apart words or leave as a poster. Preview vocabulary from the story prior to reading and/or review vocabulary after reading the story. Place in writing center, pocket chart, or back with magnetic tape and use on magnetic board/cookie sheet. I have my students pick a card, write it down and draw a picture to illustrate the word.
• Story retelling cards: Print, laminate, and cut out. Give students a picture to hold during the story. When that student’s part is read he/she will hold up the picture. Use to discuss story elements as well as to use descriptive language. Can also be used as a wordless book.
• Story Puppets: Glue pieces on craft sticks or make into retelling necklaces to let little ones retell the story.
• Story sequencing: Cut and glue picture the sequence of events of the story in order.
• Essential Questions: Students can circle or color the correct answer.
• Emergent Reader: A simpler version of the story to encourage retelling by young readers.
Follow my store by clicking the green star and blog
Preschool Wonders to be notified when new products are posted!
New items are discounted 50% for the first 48 hours!